Safe Secure Shopping
As a company we take an extremely serious approach to the security of our customers and their personal information, we have taken on powerful security measures as to ensure that we are a company that we ourselves would feel secure to shop with. We strive to improve our security at every possible opportunity and we make every effort to ensure the protection of your details.
Our SSL certificate and what is does to protect you
We use the highest class of SSL certificate available on the market.
SSL certificates are extremely secure connections used to protect your information, primarily user information and credit card details, now …… this next bit may seem a little boring, but to our IT guys this is like reading Harry Potter books, so we thought we would let them post it up just this once :
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Certificates are small data files that digitally bind a cryptographic (extremely complex mathematical and computational algorithms) key to an organization’s details. When installed on a websites server, it activates the padlock symbol on the page and creates a secure connection between a web server and a user’s internet browser. Typically, SSL is used to secure credit card transactions, data transfer and logins, and more recently is becoming normal when securing browsing of social media sites.
*Modern cryptography is heavily based on mathematical theory and computer science practice; cryptographic algorithms are designed around computational hardness assumptions, making such. It is theoretically possible to break such a system but it is infeasible to do so by any known practical means. These schemes are therefore termed computationally secure; theoretical advances, e.g., improvements in integer factorization algorithms, and faster computing technology require these solutions to be continually adapted. There exist information-theoretically secure schemes that provably cannot be broken even with unlimited computing power
Do you pass information to third parties?
We will NEVER give out your details to a third party, we will NEVER sell your information, please contact us should you have any information regarding our security policies.
Things you can do protect yourself online
Nowadays, the overwhelming majority of online transactions with genuine companies are completed safely. If you want to add a little additional security for your own peace of mind however, both on our website and other sites, there are a couple of things you can do :
- Ensure your PC is updated with antivirus software.
- Your PC probably has a security firewall, windows comes with a firewall built in, try and ensure it is turned on.
- We would recommend not using public computers to place orders - do it from home wherever possible.
- Keep your passwords a secret, if anyone knows your password it makes you account much more susceptible to malicious use
- Lastly when you are viewing any pages where you enter information ensure the link in the navigation bar reads https:// the s is for secure and it means the page you are viewing is encrypted.
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact our team on 0141 810 9777
Here is how you check whether you are on a secure page:
ARTWORK TO FOLLOW SHORTLY